NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN a POLAROID CUBE CAMERA, during the BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS® REAL ESTATE WHITE PAPER SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate “WHITE PAPER SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES” (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on 11/19/18 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 12/31/18 at 11:59 p.m. ET(the “Sweepstakes Period”). One (1) drawing will be held after the Sweepstakes Period resulting in one winner. Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address and per valid entry. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and be bound by these Sweepstakes Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of the sponsor of the Sweepstakes, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC, 175 Park Avenue, Madison, New Jersey 07940 (the “Sponsor”) whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open solely to Sponsor’s system members who: i) are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia; and ii) are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited.
The Sweepstakes is not available to employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and employees of any other organization affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest and Sweepstakes and/or their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries. Immediate family members (regardless of where they reside) or household members, whether related or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, and their respective spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, complete the Social Media Whitepaper survey found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BRSFLKY and include your email address. Failure to provide an email address will void the entry. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/31/18 to be eligible. All entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor.
- LIMIT: One (1) entry per person, per email, throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Entries received from any group, corporation or other organization will be declared invalid and disqualified. Any attempt to obtain more than the above-stated number of entries via registration by using e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods may result in disqualification by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and the associated entries will be void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In its discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any entry that Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, was obtained or submitted through unauthorized means or sources, is not original, is illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, stolen, forged, counterfeited, irregular, or is non-compliant with these Rules.
- ENTRY DATES/DRAWING DATES/PRIZES/ODDS: Sponsor will conduct a drawing from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period to select one (1) winner. Sponsor will award one (1) prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Total individual prize Retail Value is approximately: $100.00 for one (1) Polaroid Cube Camera. Total retail value of all prizes awarded is $100. One (1) winner will be drawn on or about [1/10/19].
Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash (for non-cash prizes), except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize of comparable value for any reason.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Potential Prize Winner will be notified by e-mail. Where prohibited by law, the Potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, and Release of Liability/Publicity within ten (10) days of date of notification or an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential winner does not respond within ten (10) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Further, if potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or is otherwise found to be ineligible; or has declined the prize for any reason prior to award, the prize will be forfeited, and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize-winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential Prize Winner for any reason. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes, or accepting a prize, entrants and winners agree: (a) to release and hold harmless Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC, including their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, licensors, officers, directors, representatives, agents, consultants, contractors, employees, legal counsel, and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, website providers, webmasters, advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, litigation, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and/or his or her acceptance, use or misuse of the prize, or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including without limitation, to such Prize’s quality of fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant further agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized by the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnection in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any Prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law, entrants and anyone accepting any Prize constitutes entrants and Prize Winner’s permission for the Released Parties to use entrants and Prize Winner’s name, hometown (city and state), photograph, image, likeness, voice, biographical information and any statements (collectively, the “Attributes”), regarding the entry into this Sweepstakes and for any other purpose, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, for any purpose, including without limitation, in connection with, and to promote, market or advertise, the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, without review, approval, credit or attribution, notification or payment from or to entrant or any person or entity, worldwide, in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, and entrants and potential winner releases the Released Parties from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- GENERAL TERMS: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, undelivered, garbled or misdirected entries, registrations, “likes” or “shares”; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, “likes” or “shares”, the announcement of the prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the web site or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify this Sweepstakes if the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, technical corruption, non-authorized human intervention, or any other causes which, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, proper play or integrity of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process or otherwise attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation or termination, Sponsor reserves the right to select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to date of cancellation or termination. In the event of a dispute regarding online entry, entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING ANY CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively in the U.S. state or federal courts in or having appropriate venue for the County of Morris, the State of New Jersey and entrant consents to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and expressly waives any right of change of venue, forum non convenience or any like right; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. In any such dispute/claim/cause of action, the court shall apply the laws of the State of New Jersey with the sole exception of New Jersey law governing choice of law/conflict of laws.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope and a note requesting the name of the Prize Winner to: Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, “White Paper Survey Sweepstakes”, 175 Park Avenue, Madison, New Jersey 07940, Attn: Marketing Department. All such requests must be received by 1/31/19.
- SPONSORED BY: Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC, 175 Park Avenue, Madison, New Jersey 07940.
©2018 Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC. All rights reserved. Better Homes and Gardens® is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation licensed to Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC.