From plumbers to doctors, all professionals have tools of the trade to accomplish their work. Real estate agents also maximize various mediums to better promote homes for sale. In a world driven by technology, successful agents tap into the latest options to provide the highest level of service to their clients. Discover some of the essential real estate agent tools for selling houses faster and building a dedicated client base.
Go Beyond the Basics: 3D Images, Virtual Tours and Drones
People shopping for homes want to see photos of the property. The right images compel potential buyers to schedule an appointment to view the home. Most properties have a few pictures of the exterior, yard, and rooms of the house. Use innovative photography techniques to grab attention and start selling houses.
- 3D photographs are visually appealing. They are dimensional and make buyers feel like they are actually viewing the house. Take advantage of the Facebook 3D photo options to make property images look more immersive in your feed or look into a company like Matterport if you are looking to invest in a camera and software/Virtual tours are a perfect way to entice busy and out-of-state buyers. They get a preliminary view of a property from the comfort of their computer or mobile device before scheduling an appointment to see it.
- Drone photography is an ideal technique for luxury homes, expansive properties, and farms. Showcase the full extent of any property by hiring a professional drone photographer to capture these awe-inspiring images.
Give Them Something to Talk About: Sharing on Social Media
It takes more than merely sharing a listing on social media to get people excited about the home. Be creative, interactive, and engaging to get people talking on social media. Stand out from the clamoring crowd with short, informational statements and eye-catching images. Use a few simple strategies to get more from your social media posts.
- Facebook’s live feature makes it easy to film a video tour of a house. Share the trip as it happens, commenting about the best features of the property. People will feel like they are part of a private showing and want to know more.
- Twitter is ideal for fast, witty posts that grab attention. Less is more when it comes to sharing listings on this social media site that appeals to the older generations.
- SnapChat is another quick way to get more eyes on a listing and show off its potential. Use this social media site to connect with millennial buyers.
- LinkedIn is a perfect tool to link with professionals, including bankers, mortgage representatives, attorneys, and other real estate agents.
- Pinterest and Instagram are the right places to showcase the best photos of available properties with brief descriptions that make buyers take note.
Reach Out and Touch Someone: Snail Mail, Email, Texts, and Cold Calling
To be profitable in real estate, agents must connect with as many people as possible, as often as they can. Reach out and touch someone every day to generate more leads today and in the future. Use the method preferred by the client based on past interactions and generation tendencies.
- Snail mail brochures and postcards reach older buyers who may not know how to use a computer and prefer to have something they can physically see and hold in their hands.
- Email is often a preferred contact method for Generation X and Y buyers who are busy working, driving kids around, and multi-tasking.
- Text messaging helps agents stay in touch with millennial buyers and send new listings as they hit the market.
- Cold calling is a timeless way to reach out to buyers of all ages and backgrounds. Smile and dial to let prospective buyers know about the latest properties on the market.
Live, Laugh, and Go Local: Focus on the Neighborhood
Agents are an integral part of the growth and vibe of any neighborhood. Buyers expect a seasoned agent to know about local happenings. Get involved with local businesses, activities, hobbies, and hot spots. Use a few easy strategies to become known as a community-minded agent who cares.
- Enjoy favorite hobbies and talk about local happening and real estate while boating, golfing, swimming, crafting, and more.
- Organize a local clean-up project and make the office a central zone to get gloves and trash bags.
- Sponsor a local sports team with hats and shirts that display the real estate agency logo.
- Attend charitable events and display coin cups at the office to collect money for charities.
- Schedule open houses and connect with agents who can help with selling homes.
- Host a holiday or seasonal event with giveaways from local businesses. Encourage reciprocal marketing and referrals to generate more leads.
Do It Write: Become a Real Estate Blogger
Everyone has a story to tell, especially real estate agents who want to sell homes. Posting fresh blog content attracts readers and search engines. Create time-sensitive and evergreen articles for a steady stream of targeted traffic.
- Blog about local eateries, parks, recreational venues, and events to connect with locals, and become well-known as a trustworthy neighborhood authority.
- Publish relevant articles that offer tips to buyers on applying for a mortgage, shopping for a house, and other subjects of interest.
- Create articles about the latest listings with detailed descriptions, video tours, and attractive images with contact information for buyers to find out more.
- Perform keyword research to naturally infuse the right words into blog titles, content, and metadata.
- Add sharing buttons to make it easy for readers to share articles on social media and drive more traffic to the listings.
- Write guest blogs and create articles for high-profile, open access sites such as Medium and LinkedIn, with a link to the agency.
Master Marketing Methods: Experiential, Staging, Digital, and PR
Selling houses means mastering the most effective marketing methods. It takes more than a couple of descriptive sentences and images in a listing to promote homes for sale. Let the property speak for itself by marketing it with enthusiasm and skill. Better Homes and Gardens®
Real Estate agents have access to a robust range of digital marketing tools to harness the latest technologies to sell more homes.
- Experiential marketing encourages buyers to be interactive, creating a sense of excitement and urgency about the property. Buyers can imagine themselves living at the house, making it a desirable option.
- Hire a professional staging company to transform an ordinary, messy home into an extraordinary, well-organized house that will impress the most discerning buyers.
- Keep SEO in mind when writing property descriptions, blog articles, and social media posts. Use local keywords and hashtags to attract more buyers.
- Focus on positive public relations and get featured in local media by responding to a journalist’s request for an interview with a real estate expert through HARO (Help a Reporter Out).
Smart marketing, exceptional communication, and a passion for the neighborhood help agents make connections that matter. Use these six real estate agent tools to reach more buyers and start selling houses. Establish relationships, build trust, and watch the leads keep coming in.