Video is one of the most highly effective forms of content. Although most of us consume a large amount of video, many real estate agents aren’t using video as part of their digital marketing strategy. Learning about video is a great use of your social distancing time while you wait to make your grand re-entrance. Here are some tips to become a video pro right now:
- Figure out who your audience is. Who do you want to target and what appeals most to them?
- Create an outline of the main points you want to communicate and develop a script. Stay focused on what you want to get across as your core message and try practicing a few times out loud before hitting record.
- Once you have your equipment, whether a camera or your phone, choose a location. Make sure your location is quiet and has adequate lighting. If you want to brighten things up, o-ring lights are cheap and provide great color. It’s also important that the background is not distracting to avoid pulling attention off you.
- Make sure you wear solid clothing with no patterns or distracting prints.
- Once you have recorded, it’s time to begin editing. The first 5 seconds of the video need to be strong to capture the viewer’s attention. Keep your total video under two minutes long and keep in mind shorter videos usually perform better. Don’t forget to include a CTA.
Now that you have the basics covered, you can start incorporating video into your online marketing plan. It’s a great way to engage with your audience, create a higher awareness and boost your lead generation efforts.