Custom details, updating tired decor and other simple home improvement renovations can make a big difference when it comes time to sell.
While neighborhood, community and other amenities play into the overall value of the home; there are numerous additional cosmetic changes that buyers can make to boost value and maximize their potential return.
Below are three top home improvement ideas that boost value and help homeowners maximize their potential resale return..
Top Home Improvement Ideas
1. Remodel an Older or Outdated Kitchen
Kitchens are said to be the heart of the home. They have the ability to boost home value and appeal by creating a whole new look and feel. Some ways to update without remodeling the entire kitchen include:
- Reface kitchen cabinets
- New appliances
- Resurface counters
- New hardware
- Updated faucets
- Tile backsplash
2. Curb Appeal
Your home’s front entry is the first thing potential buyers will see. Pump up curb appeal by giving the front door a pop of color. Choose a bright hue to attract the attention of buyers. Also make sure that everything is neat and tidy, including doorknobs, metal fixtures, lawn and shrubs.
If a home has curb appeal, making a great first impression won’t be difficult. Encourage potential homebuyers to take the next step by touring the inside.
3. Update the Bathroom
Updating a bathroom can be one of the fastest ways to boost a home’s resale value and make it more useful and conducive to everyday living. A few ideas to give a ho-hum bathroom a fresh new look:
- Refinish an old and outdated bathtub
- Turn a flea market furniture find or existing piece of furniture into a vanity
- Wake up the walls and cabinets with a fresh coat of paint
- Install beaded board for a custom cottage look
- Update shelving and cabinets or add shelves to keep important items out of view
- Add new hardware to create an instant visual impact with minimal out-of-pocket expense
- Change out lighting fixtures – the right ones can make all the difference
- Replace tired window treatments
Whether your clients look to sell next year or in the next ten years, you can guarantee that they will be looking for the maximum return on their investment at that time. Help them sell their home faster and at top dollar by making timely renovations that will offer their home in the best possible light.
[ois skin=”Subscribe 1″]